Friday, February 23, 2007

Color of My World




I've put this off long enough.

Much to the consternation of our florist, Ryan's long-suffering mom Diane, and a seeming legion of wedding-goers, I've been deserately trying to avoid any bold statements about our "colors".

You know how it is. Most bridal types put on the mauve-colored glasses early, and leave them on. But I've just felt really reluctant to say anything.

Is this some sort of nascent commitment issue? Perish the thought! But how can I possibly get stuck on one scheme when there are sooooo many side issues? What if the dress I want can't be had in the color I pick? What happens when the cake decorator can't do Snow Cone Green? How can we know if the particular shade of tablecloth we've chosen sends my epileptic cousin into seizures?

But enough with the stalling. May it please you to know we seem to be leaning toward light blue and white, maybe with a little yellow thrown in for effect. Think summertime croquet party, only much, much funkier.

For more on what's informing my torment, check out the January New Yorker article on the color industry. The path to find it is a bit roundabout. Click this link, and then follow the hyperlink to download. I have no idea why the mag doesn't have it online yet.


Comments:
You're not alone in reading meaning in. Since I posted this, Whitey has been laboring under the unfortunate delusion that my dress will be the traditional Michigan maize and blue.

eh-heh.

-ab
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]