Sunday, March 11, 2007

When Reporters Storm the Castle

The Baer and I went to a really big wedding last night. Like, 400 people big. Top-end everything. Flowers everywhere. Everything perfect and gorgeous and wonderful.

"I wish my mom could see this," April said.

"I don't," I said.

No offense, Nan. But I asked a doctor sitting at our table if he could prescribe the drug that causes memory loss. Not for me. I figured I could drop a tablet in Baer's next bourbon and tonic and save us both a lot of grief.

Yes, there were a lot of good ideas implemented last night (ideas Ms. Baer was still excitedly talking about this morning). There were also a lot of people with clipboards moving quickly and nervously, coordinating. One couldn't do what was done last night without those people and those clipboards.

And congratulations to the happy couple.

Meanwhile, in India, a scuffle broke out at the Hindu ceremony for actress/model Elizabeth Hurley and Indian businessman Arun Nayar. And by "scuffle" I mean the reporters tried to storm the castle. I often feel like doing that after basketball games. This, however, is why April and I decided to invite all the reporters we know.

Scuffles broke out on Friday night after the wedding ceremony when one woman reporter claimed she had been hit by a guard and some 50 journalists tried to storm the Meherangarh Fort where wedding guests were settling down for a traditional meal.

Tensions between journalists and wedding organizers had been high during the week after journalists were banned from having access to the ceremonies in the desert state of Rajasthan.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]